Tuesday, April 20, 2010

What I learned this birthday...

As a child, birthdays are really exciting because of the presents and cake. When you get older, truthfully, birthdays can be a little depressing. I am quickly seeing my youth run away. I still remember how sad I was to turn 18. My wonderful young women's leader and good friend, Kellee Belnap, made me a Barbie cake. Today I turned 27, nearly 10 years older. To be honest I was a little depressed this morning. Jonathan would be gone all day until 8:45pm, and I had no plans. As my sweet children played on our patio, I prayed that I could be happy and have a good day. Well...I had a wonderful day. Why? FRIENDS and FAMILY!! I learned today that I have so many wonderful people in my life. People really do care about me. Thank you friends. You don't know how much your calls, texts, messages, wishes, and small gifts meant. My day was truly special.

The following video may appear pathetic but really is a sweet memory. I am glad that I could spend my birthday with my very own boys!!


8 comments:

Lachelle said...

Aw this is cute, nothing like bribing people to sing you happy birthday ;) i would sing to you for a treat too! I love you happy birthday!

Natasha said...

I'm so glad that you felt loved :), you are (loved)! You are so awesome! I love you! And that video was darling! Your boys are getting so big! I loved it. We have to get together soon!

Jennifer Weiland said...

So sweet!! Wish Adelaide and I could have been there to sing to you and celebrate!

epb said...

Mot pathetic at all! That was one of the cutest things I've ever seen. You are such a good mommy. And HAPPY BIRTHDAY.

Kathy said...

Lis,
I often feel that way about my birthdays too. LOVE YOU!!! The video was a perfect way to manage! Your boys are so precious and I wanted most of all to HUG YOU!

Torres Family said...

Not sure why but that video just made me cry! So sweet, that is what makes life so great and wonderful! Thanks for sharing an awesome day with me and helping make it even better your a great friend!!!

Teann said...

That was a cute video, Lisa! Way to go making a fun day happen for yourself, since no one else does it for you once you get older. :) Happy Birthday!

The Forbes Family said...

aww! That's so adorable! What cute little kiddos. You are so beautiful Lisa! Seeing you as a mom, you remind me a lot of your mom!