Sunday, April 4, 2010

Our Easter Traditions

We are excited to teach our children about the beauty and importance of Easter. One way that we are going to teach them, is by celebrating the Easter Bunny, the Easter egg hunts, and decorating eggs the day before Easter and calling it our "Spring Celebration." As our children get older, the activities will change. Some ideas are going to see new Spring animals, going to a petting zoo, planting flowers, going on a hike to see the first signs of Spring, and doing all the traditional fun Easter traditions.

The special day will be Easter Sunday. In order to help our children fully understand the significance of our Savior's resurrection we want to focus solely on Jesus Christ on Sunday. We are excited to do activities that teach about the Savior, His sacrifice, His atonement, and most of all His resurrection.

I know that my Redeemer lives. I know that He loves each person individually. I know that He loves me. I can recognize His love every day. I can feel His love when I seek Him. I know that through Him, we all can return to our God to live in eternal happiness.



6 comments:

Jordan and Katie said...

great idea, great ways to help them understand the meaning of Easter. Parker and Jordan are so handsome.

Leslie said...

Those polos and pants are soo cute on the boys. And i love how Gavin has a giant bucket and your boys have these little easter baskets. They are all are so cute, I wish i could of been there.

The Eborns said...

That is such a great idea to have a spring celebration on a different day than Easter! I love that.

Natasha said...

i love you :). you're so good!

Lanenga Family said...

cute cute cute!

Kathy said...

My lucky night! I was browsing Tara's blog and found YOU!Those boys are so AMAZING! Hope things are good :)