Saturday, June 5, 2010

Jonathan First Triathlon

Jonathan competed in the first of the three triathlons he plans to do this summer. He has been training and studying for the past 9 months to be ready for today. He did awesome!! If you know Jonathan, he is very competitive and can push himself harder than anyone would ever think. He finished third in his age group. I am not sure out of how many but probably about 30-40.

This is a picture of the transition after swimming getting ready to ride his bike.
He just finished the bike ride and getting ready to run the 5k.
Sprint to the finish.
I am so proud of my man. I was getting choked up watching him. I have been blessed with an amazing husband.

The boys didn't really know what was going on but they were excited to see daddy.

Jonathan's finishing time was 1 hour 14 minutes. If you know anything about triathlons you would know that this is an amazing time--especially for a first timer who works full-time, serves in church, has a needy wife and children, and works a side job to pay for all his tri stuff.

2 comments:

breena rae said...

way to go jonathan

Jeremy said...

You inspire me! I'm starting to get fat and seeing this post makes me think about doing something about it :)